Ideas for a better future.
What we call “Next Culture” is driven by three contemporary concerns:
We emphasize holism, sustainability, long-term thinking and simplification. We want progress in all human domains (not just technology and science) and are interested in both theory and practice.
- We continue to destroy the environment.
- The pressures of modern life increase: everything is becoming more complicated and competitive, and existences continue to be threatened (e.g. by economic downturns).
- The inequality of wealth in the west is increasing.
Next Culture doesn’t follow any particular school or tradition, but rather seeks to expose the best of all traditions, along with new ideas.
Many good ideas are out there and modern technology (e.g. social media) makes it possible to quickly organize initiatives. We believe that that is cause for optimism, even in the face of the current economic crisis.
Next Culture meetups
We are planning a series of meetups with talks on Next Culture topics:
Potential topics for talks:
- free entrance, not for profit
- starting sometime before the end of 2012
- taking place in Munich
- Technical innovations: better recycling, energetically autonomous houses, better batteries, etc.
- Agriculture and food: urban agriculture, vertical farming, permaculture, sustainable food production, etc.
- Society, politics, economics: local currencies, basic income, improving the political system, etc.
- Health: deceleration, new medical ideas, work-life balance, etc.
- Architecture and urban planning: building better public spaces, improving public transport, etc.
- Education: how to best prevent discrimination and bullying, new forms of education, organizing change, etc.
- Law: new models for copyright and for compensating content creators, balancing privacy and other concerns, etc.
We want you!
For the meetups we are still looking for:
If you would like to contribute or know someone who would then please send us an email!
- Speakers: people willing to hold a presentation on a Next Culture topic. Talks can be held in either English or German.
- Locations: places in Munich with a projector and room for an audience of 20-100 people. Ideally, the location would be paid for by attendees buying drinks.
- Sponsors: companies or individuals interested in helping us with the costs of the meetups.
- subscribe to an email newsletter to be notified of news (e.g. about the first meetup).
Jan Schmidle · jschmidle.org · @b1tcl0ud
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer · rauschma.de · @rauschma